Thursday, October 2, 2008

More on UC

I just passed the final test on my way to starting the Remicade next Monday morning. I've been wanting to try it for a while now. Everything I've heard from people already taking it is positive, so that sold me.

Nothing new to report on Ginger (niece.) Shes home with Carl & Emily waiting until shes well enough for another surgery to reattach everything. From what I understand, she was no stranger to auto-immune problems before this hit her. I'm stunned that it was not caught sooner.

I need to get more info of what was going on during the early stages. She must have gotten food poisoning at some point and was treated agressively with antibiotics. That's what happened with me years ago. I felt great for about a day and a half and then everything went to hell in a hurry. I guess it was like being taken from the storm into the eye of the hurricane.

It's an easy mistake to make. Almost all the symptoms are the same. In fact, people with colitis are prone to food poisoning anyway. It's not unusual for someone with UC to test positive for food poisoning.

Antibiotics aggravate colitis...? who knew.... After passing through the eye of the storm, that little food poisoning thing seems like a fond memory. Well, I'm just babbling now, so I'm off to do something productive instead.

Prayer to Ginger.

No comments: